Dr. Md. Afroze Alam
Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy
Principal, School of Pharmacy
Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Medicinal Chemistry), Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shoolini University
Master of Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Chemistry& Medicinal Chemistry), Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MCOPS), Manipal University
Bachelor of Pharmacy, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MCOPS), Manipal University
Bachelor of science (Honours) (Chemistry), L.S. College, Muzaffarpur, Bihar University
Diploma of Pharmacy, Government Institute of Pharmacy, Agam Kuan, Patna
Dr. Md Afroze Alam has about 12 years of academic experience. He worked as an Assistant Professor for 6 years at Shoolini Institute of Life Sciences and Business Management, School of Pharmacy, Shoolini University, Bahjol-Solan; as an Associate Professor for about 3 years in the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shoolini University, Bahjol-Solan; and as a Principal & Associate Professor for about 2 years at Narayan Institute of Pharmacy, Gopal Narayan Singh University, Jamuhar.
Under his supervision, three of his scholars have received there Ph.D. degrees and two of them are under examination.
His work was conferred with the following awards:
- Received award of Outstanding Researcher in Pharmaceutical Chemistry – VIF (Venus International Foundation-2019)
- World Academic Championship Award 2018 in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Article selected for press release by Amrican Association for the Advancement of Science and Eureka Alert. Cytotoxic and Anti-inflammatory Activity of Flavonoid Derivatves Targeting NF-kappaB in 2017.
- Awarded “Best Oral Presentation” at the National Conference on "An Alternatives to Animal Testing”. Organized by ICMR & DST and Laureate Institute of Pharmacy Kangra (H.P.) 21-22 Feb 2016.
- Secured 428 with All India Rank in GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) by AICTE- in 2016.
- Secured 1868 with All India Rank in GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) by AICTE- 2013.
- Awarded “Best Thesis” Jointly by Karnataka State Council of Science and Technology (KSCST) & Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc.) Bengaluru, 2008.
- Secured 98.43 percentile with All India Rank 155 in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2006, conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur under Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government of India.
- Awarded “GATE Fellowship” by University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India to pursue M.Pharm programme for the period 2006-2008.
- Awarded “Certificate of merit” to secure First Position in M. Pharm (1st year) by Manipal University in 2008.